Founded by the Biagio family
The Saint is the patroness of mothers, widows and pregnant women, she is invoked in difficult childbirths and against conjugal infertility.
The building devoted to Sant’Anna is rectangular, with a deep presbytery and a rounded hall in the center. Clearly of Baroque inspiration, it has a rich stucco decoration, while the four rounded corners are enriched by pairs of columns, among which are depicted the SS.Nazario and Celso, St. Agostino, St. Antonio and St. Rocco. The apsidal basin is decorated with a fresco representing the Resurrection. The facade was enriched by a painting that has now disappeared, while the altarpiece is now housed in the parish church.
The Oratory of S. Anna originally stood in Costa Ronsiglia, along the road from Maro Castello to Lucinasco, Prelà and Via Marenca. Rebuilt and enlarged in the mid-eighteenth century, it was damaged by the French troops during the invasion of 1754. The old village was abandoned and the oratory fell into disrepair. Biagio Aicardi and his son Antonio asked permission to rebuild a new oratory dedicated to S.Anna. After obtaining the authorization from the bishop, in 1833 the new chapel was inaugurated. The Biagio family was buried there in 1845.
Testo a cura di Gian Piero Martino, immagini di Corrado Agnese, Nicola Ferrarese.