Carved by ice
On the north side of Monte Garlenda there is a wide valley which, starting from the pastoral settlement of Margheria Garlenda, located at an altitude of 1500 m, extends for about 1 km up to an altitude of 1800 m.
The characteristic “U” shape of the valley indicates its origin: it was excavated in ancient times by a glacier.
Today it is a popular pasture, called “Valle dell’Angelo”, angel’s valley.
Testo a cura di Nicola Ferrarese, immagine di Nicola Ferrarese