Home of the Confraternita della Buona Morte
Saint Roch de Monpellier (1350-1379) was a French pilgrim and thaumaturgist, canonized in the fifteenth century.
A first Archconfraternity was established in Genoa in 1468, whose confreres took care of the burial of the death by the plague and other epidemics.
Originally the Oratory stood closer to the stream. Rebuilt around the second half of the eighteenth century, it has a single room, with a neoclassical façade, recalling the parish church.
Inside there is an altarpiece representing Christ between the Madonna and St. John, a wooden statue of St. Rocco, the Table of Associates to the Confraternity and the Governor’s Chair. The stoup is uncommonly shaped as a shell.
Testo a cura di Gian Piero Martino, immagini di Corrado Agnese.