Centro RionardPart of the Vallo Alpino
The Rionard fortification was built in 1938 within the 13th Caposaldo Marta defensive system.
Located on the southern slope of the Rionard hill, had its entrance gate armed with a machine gun, a corridor with watertight doors leading to the soldier’s shelter, water deposit and ammunition reserve.
From there another corridor led to the concrete casemate with two machine guns protected by metal plates.
The building, completely underground, was equipped with a ventilation system.
After the war, the structure, like all the others, was stripped of every piece of furniture and metal part.
Testo a cura di Claudio Cecchi, immagini di Corrado Agnese, Claudio Cecchi.