Military barracks from the XIX century
The six buildings of the Baraccamenti di Marta have been built since 1890 to house over 500 soldiers, 30 pack animals, ammunition and supplies. The complex was part of the defensive system at the border with France and served the entrenched camp, consisting of five artillery batteries (set of artillery pieces), located between Cima di Marta, Balcone di Marta, Testa della Nava and Monte Ceriana.
Following the geopolitical tensions that led to the Second World War, the area was further fortified with the defensive installations of Vallo Alpino.
Testo a cura di Claudio Cecchi, immagini di Nicola Ferrarese.
-DIFESE MILITARI ED EVENTI BELLICI (1940-1945) IN PROVINCIA DI IMPERIA