The ancient church of a disappeared village
Santa Margherita was the parish church of the ancient village, called Borghetto di Mendatica, now disappeared.
The building is located along the path leading from Mendatica to the Arroscia Waterfalls, to the summer seasonal settlement of Poilarocca and the slopes of the Frontè mountain.
Its façade has a portal dated 1512, probably made by the stonecutters school from the nearby Cenova.
Inside there is a beautiful cycle of frescoes attributed to the sixteenth-century painter Pietro Guido da Ranzo.
Testo a cura di Nicola Ferrarese, immagini di Nicola Ferrarese, Federico Nasi, Claudio Cecchi