Small baroque jewel in the Upper Arroscia Valley
The original sanctuary of the Madonna dei Colombi, built in the 18th century, was destroyed by the earthquake of 23 February 1887 and rebuilt in the Baroque style in 1904.
The building was connected to the village of Mendatica by a mule track that crosses the Rio Passo Cagnasso with a splendid stone bridge, called “de Raigà”.
Si ringrazia Fabrizio Sibilla
Testo a cura di Nicola Ferrarese, immagini di Nicola Ferrarese